31. Orifice plates have
- coefficient of discharge which is typically about 0.6 and loss of head of about 60-70%.
- coefficient of discharge which is typically about 0.95 and loss of head of about 10%.
- coefficient of discharge which is typically about 0.6 and loss of head of about 10%.
- None of these
32. Installed capacity of Micro Hydel power plants is about
- 2000 kW
- 100 kW
- 15000 kW
- 6000 kW
33. High Head Power Plant has _____ turbine as common prime mover.
- Pelton Wheel
- Kaplan/Pelton Wheel
34. Which type of Hydel Power Plants can be used as both base and peak load plants?
- Run-off-river plants with pondage
- Run-off-river plants without pondage
- Storage type plants
- Pumped storage plants
35. Spillways are constructed for
- Solar energy plants
- Gas based plants
- Hydro plants
- Thermal plants
36. The hydro generators (HG) and steam turbines (ST) run at _____ speeds respectively.
- High speeds and low speeds
- Both have high speeds
- Low speeds and high speeds
- Both have low speeds
37. In power systems the governors are generally used as an essential part of all types of turbines to control the
- Voltage phase angle
- Reactive power output
- Voltage magnitude