1. Physical life of an equipment is defined as
- age at which the equipment is worn out and it can no longer reliably produce
- the life over which the equipment can earn a profit
- time period that maximizes the profit over the equipment life
- age at which depreciation cost exceeds the purchase cost
2. Among the following excavators, the most suitable excavator for dredging purposes will be
- front shovel
- back hoe
3. Downtime of an equipment is
- the time when equipment shall have to be returned to the owner due to expiry of its lease period
- the period of time when equipment is idle for want of work
- the period of time that the equipment fails to provide or perform its primary function
- the time when contractor has to do the down payment before taking equipment on rent
4. Vibrating compactor is ideally suited for
- Manual towing and compacting any type of soil with varying moisture content
- Compacting fly ash masses with any moisture content
- Compacting cohesion less granular material with any moisture content
- Compacting all fine grained materials having adequate moisture content
5. A process of transporting material from one place to another over a stationary structure in a continuous stream is known as
6. Which of the following crushers is primarily used for shaping the aggregates?
- Jaw crusher
- Vertical shaft impactor
- Cone crusher
- Jaw crusher and cone crusher together
7. Which of the following surfaces will give highest coefficient of fraction while using crawler track tractors?
- Loose sand
8. Consider the following statements regarding vibratory rollers:
- Vibratory rollers are used for compacting granular sols and pavement layer with granular materials.
- Vibratory rollers are used for compacting non-plastic silts and fine sands.
- In vibratory rollers, compaction is effected due to both the dynamic effect of the vibratory force and also the static weight of the roller
Which of the above statement(s) is/are correct?
- i and iii
- i and ii
- ii and iii
- i only