51. The intensity of sound wave combined with reception characteristics of ear is known as
52. Tinnitus is due to
- Air pollution
- Light pollution
- Water pollution
- Sound pollution
53. The energy transmitted by a sound wave in the direction of its propagation is called
- Power of sound
- Intensity of sound
- Frequency of sound
- Period of sound
54. What will be the resultant decibel level when there are 4 sources making noise of equal levels?
- Decibel level will increase by 4 decibels.
- Decibel levels will remain the same
- Decibel level will increase by 8 decibels
- Decibel level will increase by 6 decibels
55. Under residential use zone, identify the accessory use which is NOT permissible.
- Local shopping
- Nursery School
56. Name the instrument used for acoustics measurement.
- Sound Level Meter
- Flame Photometer
- Ultrasonic Meter
57. The frequency of sound is measured by the unit
58. What is the ambient air quality standards with respect to noise in industrial area during day time?
- 75 dB
- 70 dB
- 50 dB
- 55 dB
59. An acceptable noise level for residential and business areas as per IS: 4594: 1968 is
- 25-35 dB
- 40-50 dB
- 50-60 dB
- 70-80 dB
60. 10 decibel (dB) increase in sound level will increase the loudness of sound by
- 5 times
- 2 times
- 10 times
- none of the above