1. Sound absorption means like
- loss of sound energy
- prevention of transmission of sound waves
- prevention of reflection of sound waves
- reduction of sound
2. Abating of noise effects on mankind cannot be achieved by
- using centrifugal collectors and dynamic precipitators
- raising obstructions and barriers in between the noise sources and residences
- raising a thick and high vegetation and tree growing along the sides of roads and railway lines
- proper town planning techniques
3. Which type of noise can be abated by providing lining on walls and ceiling with sound absorbing materials?
- Reflection Noise
- Refraction Noise
- Source Noise
- Structural Noise
4. Choose the odd-one out from the following noise pollution control means.
- Providing sound proof chambers/coatings for noisy sources
- Use of ear plugs
- Lubrication and maintenance of machinery
- Providing rubber/neoprene pads at the machine foundations
5. In public halls and auditoriums, the sound persists even after the source of sound has ceased. This persistence of sound is called
- Reflection of sound
6. What type of noise can be abated by providing lining on walls and ceiling with sound-absorbing material?
- Source noise
- Structural noise
- Reflection noise
- Air borne noise
7. Consider the following statements S1 and S2:
S1: Noise pollution can be reduced by using double glass window panes.
S2: The noise totally reflects back due to the two layers of glass.
Identify the correct option.
- Both S1 and S2 are correct, and S2 is the correct explanation of S1
- Both S1 and S2 are correct, but S2 is not the correct explanation of S1
- S1 is False and S2, is True
- S1 is True and S2 is False
8. Noise pollution in a road side building can be reduced by
- providing a ditch around the building and filling it with water
- providing a steel mesh around the building
- providing a thick bush around the building
- planting tall trees around the building and fencing them with barbed wires
9. In an auditorium if the reverberation time works out to a value greater than 5 seconds is considered as
- very good
- very bad
10. The sound which contains even after source is cutoff is called
11. Sabine’s formula to calculate reverberation time is
- t = 1.5V/A
- t = 1.6V/A
- t = 0.16V/A
- t = 0.15V/A
12. If an auditorium has a total surface area of plaster, floor, curtains and seats equal to 160 m2 and volume of auditorium is 5000 m3, what is time of reverberation in seconds according to Sabin’s equation?
- 3.2 seconds
- 5.12 seconds
- 5 seconds
- 8 seconds