Microwave drawers offer a convenient and discreet way to use a microwave in the kitchen. They are designed to be installed under the counter or on a wall, making them a space-saving option. However, there are pros and cons of microwave drawer to consider before installing a microwave drawer in your home.
Pros and Cons of Microwave Drawer
Pros of microwave drawer
There are several benefits to using a microwave drawer:
1. Convenience: A microwave drawer allows you to easily access the microwave comfortably, eliminating the need to bend down or reach up to use it.
2. Space-saving: Because the microwave is installed under the counter or on a wall, it frees up counter space and makes the kitchen look more organized.
3. Safety: With a microwave drawer, there is less risk of spills or accidents.
4. Ease of use: Microwave drawers are easy to use and often have touchpad controls, making it easy to set the cooking time and power level.
5. Versatility: Microwave drawers can be installed in various locations, including under the counter or a wall, making them a flexible choice for a wide range of kitchen layouts.
Cons of microwave drawer
There are a few potential drawbacks to using a microwave drawer:
1. Cost: Microwave drawers are more expensive than countertop microwaves.
2. Limited capacity: The size of the microwave drawer may be smaller than a traditional microwave, limiting the size of the items you can heat up.
3. Harder to use: Some people find it harder to use a microwave drawer, especially if they are taller or shorter than average, as the microwave is at a fixed height and may not be at a comfortable level for everyone.
4. Performance: Some people believe that microwave drawers do not heat food as evenly as traditional microwaves, although this may vary by model.
5. Limited installation options: Microwave drawers must be installed below a counter or wall oven, which may not be possible in all kitchens.
Why use a microwave drawer?
There are several reasons why someone might choose to use a microwave drawer:
Convenience: Microwave drawers are often installed at a more convenient height than traditional microwaves, which can be easier on the back when cooking. They also free up counter space, which can be helpful in a small kitchen.
Safety: Because microwave drawers are installed below the counter, they can be safer to use, especially for people with mobility issues or young children.
Style: Microwave drawers can be a stylish and modern alternative to traditional microwaves, which can be an attractive feature in a kitchen remodel.
Space-saving: Microwave drawers take up less space than traditional microwaves, which can be an excellent option for small kitchens or those who want to maximize their counter space.
Do I want a drawer microwave?
It depends on your personal preferences and needs. Drawer microwaves are designed to be installed under a counter or cooktop, so they can save space in the kitchen and provide a sleek, built-in look. They can also be convenient for people who are shorter or have mobility issues, as they are at a more accessible height compared to traditional microwaves.
However, they may not have as much capacity or cooking power as traditional microwaves and may be more expensive to purchase and install. It’s a good idea to consider your budget, the size of your kitchen, and how you plan to use the microwave before making a decision.
The pros and cons of microwave drawers depend on your individual needs and preferences. If you have the budget and want a sleek and modern appliance that is easy to access and use, a microwave drawer may be a good option. However, a traditional microwave may be a better choice if you need a more powerful microwave or want to save money.