The difference between fuse and circuit breaker is given below.
1. It is generally used in low voltage application.
2. It can detect and interrupt the fault.
3. It works on the principle of electrical and thermal properties.
4. Operating time of fuse is very small.
5. Fuse element needs to replace after every operation.
6. Fuse cannot be used as an ON/OFF switch.
1. A circuit breaker is suitable for high voltage application.
2. A circuit breaker cannot detect a fault. It performs only interruptions. The detection of a fault is made by the relay.
3. Circuit breaker work on the electromagnetic principle.
4. Operating time of circuit breaker is higher as compared to fuse.
5. A circuit breaker can be used again and again after the operation.
6. A circuit breaker can be used as an ON/OFF switch.