Q. Write an 8085 program and draw a flowchart to find the smallest number in an array.(8085 Microprocessor Program)
|2000||LXI||H, 3000H||21||Load H-L pair with address 3000H.|
|2003||MOV||C, M||4E||Move the counter from memory to reg. C.|
|2004||INX||H||23||Increment H-L pair.|
|2005||MOV||A, M||7E||Move the 1st number from memory to reg. A.|
|2007||INX||H||23||Increment H-L pair.|
|2008||MOV||B, M||46||Move the next number from memory to reg. B.|
|2009||CMP||B||B8||Compare B with A.|
|200A||JC||200EH||DA||Jump to address 200EH if there is no carry.|
|200D||MOV||A, B||78||Move smallest from reg. B to reg. A.|
|200F||JNZ||2007H||C2||Jump to address 2007H if the counter is not zero.|
|2012||INX||H||23||Increment H-L pair.|
|2013||MOV||M, A||77||Move the result from reg. A to memory.|
3000H: 05H (Counter)
- This program finds the smallest number in an array.
- Initially, the counter is initialized with the size of an array.
- Then, two numbers are moved to registers A and B and compared.
- After comparison, the smallest of two must be in the accumulator. If it is already in the accumulator, then its fine, otherwise it is moved to the accumulator.
- The counter is decremented and checked whether it has reached zero. If it has, the loop terminates otherwise, the next number is moved to register and compared.
- Let us assume that the memory location 3000H stores the counter. The next memory locations store the array.
- Initially, H-L pair is loaded with the address of the counter and is moved to register C.
- Then, H-L pair is incremented to point to the first number in the array.
- The first number is moved from memory to accumulator and counter is decremented by one.
- H-L pair is again incremented and the second number is moved to register B.
- The two numbers are compared.
- After comparison, if A > B, then CF = 0, and if A < B, then CF = 1.
- Carry flag is checked for carry. If there is no carry, it means B is smaller than A and it is moved to the accumulator.
- The counter is decremented and checked whether it has become zero.
- If it hasn’t become zero, it means there are numbers left in the array. In this case, the control jumps back to increment the H-L pair and moves the next number to register B.
- This process continues until counter becomes zero, i.e. all the numbers in the array are compared.
- At last, H-L pair is incremented and the smallest number is moved from accumulator to memory.