1. In a portable instrument, the controlling torque is provided by
- Eddy currents
- Damping friction
2. Two meters X and Y require 40 mA and 50 mA for full-scale deflection. Which of the following is correct?
- X is more sensitive.
- Y is more sensitive.
- Both are equally sensitive.
- It is not possible to determine the relationship between the sensitivity of the meters from the given data.
3. Which type of support is required for a sensitive galvanometer?
- Pivot support
- Unilateral support
- Suspension support
- Pivot and unilateral support
4. A dynamo works on the principle of
- Electromagnetic induction
- Alternating current
- Kirchoff’s law
5. Ideally, the damping torque should be
- Proportional to velocity of the moving system and operating current.
- Proportional to the velocity of the moving system but independent of operating current.
- Independent of the velocity of the moving system and proportional to the operating current.
- Independent of the velocity of the moving system and operating current.
6. Pick the odd one out
- Moving iron meter
- Moving coil meter
- Dynamometer wattmeter
- Watt-hour meter
7. Identify the instrument which has no controlling torque
- Electrostatic voltmeter
- Power factor meter
- Dynamometer type ammeter
8. An instrument gives maximum deflection for any amount of quantity passed through it. Which of the following pairs is present?
- Deflecting and controlling force
- Controlling and damping
- Deflecting and damping
- Deflecting, controlling and damping
9. The correct statement about electrodynamometer instrument amongst the following is
- Its scale is linear
- It measures only DC
- It is a transfer instrument
- Its sensitivity is lesser than M.I. type instruments
10. Damping torque in measuring instruments provided by fluid friction damping is mainly used
- Where low magnetic fields are produced
- Where high magnetic fields are produced
- Where deflecting torque is minimum
- Where permanent magnet produces the required deflecting torque.