The advantages and limitations of different battery storage are given below
|S.No.||Battery Storage System||Advantages||Limitations|
|1||Li-ion||1. It has a high specific energy
2. Light Weight
3. High Cycle life
2. Need Battery Management System
3. No establishes system for recycling
|2||NiCd||1. Low cost
2. It is easily stored and doesn’t damage under most normal circumstances.
3. low temperatures do not usually affect the NiCd.
|1. low energy density.
2. NiCd battery does contain toxic metals.
3. Memory effect — the NiCd must periodically be exercised to prevent memory.
|3||NiMH||1. higher energy density compared to the NiCd.
2. NiMH contains no toxic metals.
3. Less prone to memory than the NiCd.
|1. Less life cycle.
2. Limited discharge current.
3. High self-discharge.
4. High maintenance
|4||Lead Acid||1. Inexpensive and simple to manufacture.
2. Mature, reliable and well-understood technology.
3. Low self-discharge.
4.Low maintenance requirements
5. Capable of high discharge rates.
|1. Cannot be stored in a discharged condition.
2. Low energy density.
3. Allows only a limited number of full discharge cycles.
4. Environmentally unfriendly.
5. Thermal runaway can occur with improper charging.