Solar Radiation data are measured by 3 devices i.e.
- Sunshine Recorder
- It is an instrument which is designed to measure Global radiation.
- It can be placed on horizontal as well as on the inclined surface.
- If Pyranometer is shaded by a shading ring, it measures the diffused radiation.
- Shading ring prevents the beam radiation from reaching the sensing element in Pyranometer and hence measure only diffused radiation.
- It is an instrument that measures beam radiation.
- It uses a long narrow tube to collect only beam radiation from the sun at normal incidence.
3. Sunshine Recorder
- It is an instrument that measures the sunshine hours in a day at a given location.
- It is called as heliograph.
- The results collected from the sunshine recorder provide information about the weather and climate as well as the temperature of that location.
Measurement of Solar Radiation