Skip to content
- It is used to step down the distribution voltage to a level suitable for utilisation purposes at the consumer’s premises.
- Distribution Transformer has its secondary terminals directly connected to the consumer’s terminal.
- They remain in operation all the 24 hours a day.
- Distribution Transformers have good voltage regulation.
- Distribution Transformers have a small value of leakage reactance.
- They are designed to have a very low value of core loss.
- They are used in generating stations or substations.
- It is used for step up or step down the voltage level.
- Power Transformer secondary terminals do not directly connect to the consumer’s terminal.
- They do not remain in operation all the 24 hours a day. They operated during load periods and disconnected during light load periods.
- Power Transformers have maximum efficiency at or near full load.
- Power Transformers have greater leakage reactance.
error: Content is protected !!