1. If the number of branches in a network is B, the number of nodes is N, the number of independent loops is L, then the number of independent node equations will be
- N + L – 1
- B – 1
- N – 1
- B – N
2. An electric circuit with 10 branches and 7 nodes will have ________ loop equations.
3. A network has 12 branches and 8 independent loops. The number of nodes in the network is
4. An electrical network with 8 independent nodes will have _______ nodal equations.
5. What is the number of links for a network of 10 branches and 4 nodes?
6. The number of nodes in a graph is 4. The number of tree in the graph is
7. A terminal where three or more branches meet is known as
8. Which network topology term got reference directions and marked on the edges of the graph by arrow heads?
- oriented graph
9. The number of independent equations to solve a network is equal to
- the number of chords
- the number of branches
- a sum of the number of branches and chords
- a sum of the number of branches, chords and nodes
10. A node in a circuit is defined as a
- closed path
- junction of two or more elements
- group of interconnected
- open terminal of an element
11. An electric circuit with 12 branches and 9 nodes will have ________ loop equations.
12. The laws used in cutsets and tiesets of a network are
- ohms law
- kirchoff’s law
- biot savart’s law
- lorentz law
13. For N nodes and B branches, the number of independent loops is
- B – N + 1
- B – N
- N – 1
14. A connected network of N > 2 nodes has at most one branch directly connecting any pair of nodes. The graph of the network
- must have atleast N branches for one or more closed paths to exist
- can have an unlimited number of branches
- can only have atmost N branches
- can have a minimum number of branches not decided by N
15. A network has 4 nodes and 3 independent loops. What is the number of branches in the network?
16. A network has 10 nodes and 17 branches. The number of different node pair voltage would be
17. In an electric circuit, the number of independent meshes M is (where B is number of branches and N is number of nodes)
- 2B – N + 1
- B – N + 1
- 2B – N – 1
- B – N – 1
18. The total number of branches in a network is equal to b. The graph of the network has n number of branches. The minimum number of line currents is
- b + n
- b – n
19. Consider the following statements for a network graph, if Bf is its fundamental tie set matrix, and Bt and Bl are its sub-matrices corresponding to twigs and links, respectively.
- Bt is a unit matrix.
- Bl is a rectangular matrix.
- Rank of Bf is (b – n – 1).
(where b is the number of branches n is the number of nodes)
Which of the above statements are correct?
- 1 and 2 only
- 1 and 3 only
- 2 and 3 only
- None of these
20. The graph associated with an electrical network has 7 branches and 5 nodes. The number of independent KCL equations and the number of independent KVL equations, respectively, are
- 2 and 5
- 5 and 2
- 3 and 4
- 4 and 3