In this article, we will learn the basic difference between Parametric and Non-Parametric Models
- It represents the relation between input and output by means of equations.
- It contains the finite number of explicit parameters.
- Model coefficients are not known exactly.
- White box models are the parametric models.
- For example: differential equations in mathematical model.
- It represents the relation between input and output by means of a table or curve.
- It does not exhibit a certain structure.
- Model coefficients are more precise for the given system within operating limits.
- It has infinite dimensions.
- Black box models are the non-parametric models.
- For example: impulse response, step response, frequency response, etc.
Parametric and Non-Parametric Models